Major achievements of TYA
Mobilization and fund raising
· The association has organized more than 405,000 members at rural and urban areas
· About 884 youths took a training on Basic Skills of Human Rights ,Good Governance and Democracy
· Throughout the region 21civic clubs established and promote the awareness of human rights with special focus on the youth and good governance issue and tackle corruptions
· In addition of that most of our members were/ are participating on the promotion of democracy and good governance
· Most of our members have participated at all levels of the election and as observers too.
· Have created a partnership with five international and national non- governmental organizations to implement different projects with TYA
Since 1997 the association has achieved the following activities
· 13,000 member youths trained on construction skills at Agbe Training Center
· More than 42,380 various organized cooperative youths have been benefited through different activities of IGA.
· 4,200 youths have gained trainings that based on wood work and electricity maintenance skills
· More than 63,870 youths are trained on skill of animal husbandry
· 83,004 youth have received land for house establishment/ Metesha/ and cultivation
· Provision of training on food preparation and hair dressing for more than 160 girls
· About 155,879 youths benefited from the modern and traditional irrigation extension program using High yielding variety inputs
· Through TYA's facilitation 121,457 youths are beneficiaries of loan from different financial institutions like Dedebit credit and saving institution and others
· More than 97,709 youths have benefited from rural agricultural packages such as mountain and gully treatment practices e t c
· On average 60, 000,000/year that could have been an expense of the government for soil and water conservation work is saved by the contribution of TYA’s volunteer member youth.(1 person*10 days*18 Birr). Especially this contribution has increased to 145,000,000/year b/c the days are increased from 10 to 40 days.(1 person*40 days*18 Birr )
· All of our members are participating in environmental protection and sanitation programs such as 2 plants for one person in 2000 E .C. for the millennium project and this program is continued as permanent activity.
Health promotion Activities
- 496 Anti-Aids clubs established throughout the Region and are working on awareness creation and behavioral change communication activities at their localities.
- 1,420 youths are trained on facilitation skills of community conversation and 3,248 peer educators have trained in peer education, counseling and life skill facilitation
- 9,540 community members and youths have been participating on community conversation concerning regarding HIV/AIDS and behavioral change at 159 sites of the region
- More than 14,558 youth members have benefited from health extension package
- Still Tigray Youth Association have given support for those who have economical problem in collaboration of youth members
- The association made possible negotiation to stop the pre programmed under aged marriage amongst 116 youths /couples/
· during 2008-2010 , about 2058 youth members are benefited ( masters , degree, diploma and certificate ) from scholarship program in private and governmental universities/colleges
· To strengthen the academic potential of our members the association has established 7 libraries in 7woredas /districts/ of the region
· 153,387 youth have been participated at illiteracy campaign undergone throughout the region
· 15 ICT centers has been established at 15 woredas(districts) of the region
· 7 youth centers has been established and managed throughout the region